Brunswick Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Over 20 Years of Proven Results
After a motorcycle accident, you should turn to an attorney who can help you recover. At The Law Office of Brad S. McLelland, PC., I have helped many personal injury victims in Brunswick, Georgia, and surrounding communities recover the compensation they deserve. I have also assisted families in recovering financial compensation in wrongful death lawsuits.
With more than 20 years of legal experience, I have the in-depth knowledge necessary to handle your case from beginning to end. As your lawyer, I can help ensure you receive proper medical treatment and vigorously pursue compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Injury law is all I do, and I do it well. Motorcycle accidents commonly result in serious injuries that can be expensive to recover from – you can trust me to pursue the full amount you need.
Common Injuries Resulting from Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians are all particularly vulnerable on roads. Many are often victims of auto accidents because drivers fail to see them or fail to yield to them. Road construction, roadway defects, intersections, and other hazards are also serious threats to riders. Given the exposed nature of motorcycles and bicycles, accidents involving them are generally always serious.
Injured riders and walkers frequently suffer:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Serious dental injuries
- Fatal accidents/wrongful death
Time is of the essence in these cases. As your lawyer, I can launch an immediate investigation into the accident. The sooner I can get started on your case and get to the scene to take pictures and speak with the witnesses, the more evidence I will be able to gather to support your claim. Over time, fluid spills, tire marks, and witness testimony will fade or become unreliable. I can fight to help you recover the compensation you need for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Despite the fact that many people believe motorcyclists are dangerous and risk-takers, most motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers. Because motorcycle riders lack the outer protection that car drivers and passengers have, they’re more like to suffer from serious injuries after an accident, and are 27 times more likely than car occupants to die in a crash per vehicle mile traveled.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Speeding: This is a leading cause of all auto accidents and can cause fatal injuries due to the amount of force involved in a collision.
- Driving under the influence: Drivers who are intoxicated have slower response times and are more prone to reckless driving, such as speeding and failing to stop at stop signs or red lights.
- Lane splitting: Lane splitting occurs when motorcyclists occupy multiple lanes at the same time to get past traffic but can be dangerous when cars are weaving in and out of lanes.
- Left-turn accidents: Many motorcyclists are injured by cars making turns, especially left-hand turns.
- Unsafe lane changes: Drivers are supposed to signal and check their blind spots before they make lane changes, but sometimes they fail to do this and don’t see a motorcycle in the lane beside them as a result.
- Motorcycle defects: Sometimes manufacturers can be held responsible for damages if a faulty or defective part contributed to the accident.
- Dangerous road conditions: Motorcyclists need to be aware of road hazards like uneven roads or loose gravel, which can cause their motorcycle to skid.
- Car doors: Drivers can create hazards when they park on the side of the road and open their car door when there’s an oncoming rider.
Need a Brunswick motorcycle accident attorney? Call me for a free consultation at (912) 400-0039 so I can learn more about your unique situation and begin pursuing your legal goals.
I handled one case where a 7-year-old was hit and killed while riding as a passenger on an electric motorcycle. I successfully obtained all the auto insurance and uninsured motorist (UM) coverage for the victim’s family, then a filed a claim against the homeowner who let her son drive the motorcycle.
Typically, homeowners’ insurance policies don’t cover such claims, but because it was a new neighborhood, the street had been deeded to the association. This meant the motorcycle accident occurred on land that the homeowner technically owned a small portion of. The net result was that I obtained an additional $300,000 for the victim’s family. This is just one example of how out-of-the-box thinking combined with extensive legal experience can lead to stellar results.
Contact me to set up an appointment to get started. Evening and weekend appointments are available. If you cannot come to me, I can arrange to come to you at a location of your choice. Plus, I handle bicycle and motorcycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you owe no attorney fees until I obtain compensation for you.
Auto Accident - Liberty County $66,500,000
Auto Accident - Chatham County $1,500,000
Auto Accident - Glynn County $1,200,000
Electrocution - Jeff Davis County $1,160,000
Dog Bite - Camden County $1,000,000
Wrongful Death - Glynn County $675,000
Wrongful Death - Glynn County $450,000
Auto Accident - Jeff Davis County $450,000
Auto Accident - Brantley County $380,000
Workers’ Compensation - Brantley County $290,000