Brunswick Premises Liability Attorney
Handling Dog Bites, Slip & Falls & More
At The Law Office of Brad S. McLelland, PC. in Brunswick, I help Southeast Georgia clients file all types of premises liability claims to recover compensation for their injuries. Premises liability is an area of personal injury law that covers accidents caused by dangerous or defective property conditions. In many cases, property owners are those responsible for any injuries that occur on their property or in their buildings.
With more than 20 years of experience as a Brunswick lawyer, I know precisely what it takes to recover full and fair compensation for injuries due to:
- Slip and falls or trip and falls due to wet floors, spilled debris, cracked floors, poorly lit stairways, missing handrails, etc.
- Inadequate security (such as lack of security guards or surveillance cameras) leading to assaults or other harm
- Hazardous swimming pools leading to slips, drownings, or other injuries
- Dog bites or other animal attacks caused by negligent pet owners
- Falling merchandise or dangerous displays
- Hazardous sidewalks and broken or damaged curbs
- Improperly placed and unkept rugs and mats
Call (912) 400-0039 or contact me online to learn more about how I can help you secure the compensation you need after your accident. Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises safe and should be held responsible when they neglect that responsibility.
Don’t Fall for the Insurance Company’s Tactics
Many people assume that if they are injured in a slip and fall accident or another incident, the at-fault party’s insurance company will automatically pay for your damages. This is not true, and many people discover it too late and the hard way.
Here are two things you can actually expect from the insurance company:
- You will likely get a phone call from an adjuster who will feign concern over your situation. They don’t really care about you, though. They are simply trying to obtain a statement from you that they can use against you later. You do not need to give the adjuster a recorded statement, no matter what he or she says. Hang up and call me instead.
- The adjuster will likely promise you all sorts of things that he or she will not have to honor, such as payment of your medical bills and lost wages. Don’t believe it! The insurance company is not your friend and is not on your side.
If the Property Owner Was Negligent, It Pays to Assert Your Rights
Injuries that occur in a store, in a parking lot, or on private property often happen because of the property owner’s negligence. In these instances, injured parties may have a right to seek compensation to pay for everything that has stemmed from their injuries.
Quite often these types of injuries occur at Walmart, Winn-Dixie, other grocery stores, gas stations, drugstores, and the like. I am familiar with these businesses and have successfully sued them all. You can trust me with your claim.
Sometimes, people who have been hurt on someone else’s property do not get medical help because they cannot afford it, and they do not consider going after the property owner for compensation. While not always desirable, you may have no choice but to pursue a legal claim in order to obtain the money you need for you and your family. Don’t hesitate to contact an attorney who understands the full scope of your injury and your legal situation. It could make all the difference.
Call (912) 400-0039 to seek counsel from a Brunswick premises liability attorney who has successfully recovered millions for clients in damages ranging from medical bills to lost wages.
In a premises liability case, many questions need to be asked, such as:
- Has the retail store been warned about previous slip-and-fall accidents or the condition of their floor?
- Were the property owners aware of previous attacks or assaults?
- Should the property owner have been aware of the hazardous condition?
- What type of inspection procedure did the store have in place?
- Were warning signs prominently posted?
- Is there video surveillance of the accident scene?
The answers will affect the value of your case, so I will diligently obtain them. Call my office today to set up a consultation to talk about the incident and your injuries. I offer free consultations and can meet you in the evening or weekend at our office, your home, or the hospital.
Auto Accident - Chatham County $1,500,000
Auto Accident - Glynn County $1,200,000
Dog Bite - Camden County $1,000,000
Auto Accident - Jeff Davis County $450,000
Wrongful Death - Glynn County $450,000
Auto Accident - Brantley County $380,000
Workers’ Compensation - Brantley County $290,000
Workers’ Compensation - Glynn County 275,000
Workers' Compensation - Camden County $250,000
Auto Accident - Bryan County $250,000